Careers @ OTL
The SUPERINTENDENT is responsible for ensuring maximum productivity on a project through completion and client satisfaction of assigned projects for the company as further outlined below. The primary responsibilities are pre-production planning, setting daily goals and targets, coaching, and developing Foreman and meeting OTL’s client regularly to ensure satisfaction. The SUPERINTENDENT is a full time; exempt position based in our Anaheim, California office and will report to the Project Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
The primary role is to maximize productivity and oversee construction activities concerned the assigned OTL project, which will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Creating / stamping out full-term schedule and updating status
- Arranging for and running pre-production discussions and meetings
- Creating 1-week production schedule with assistance from Foreman, including setting daily production targets, defining right crew size and skill/wage rate mix, and identifying right equipment for intended use
- Coaching Foreman and crew on best practices to maximize efficiency using applicable OTL standard best practices and procedures
- Assuring quality and safety on the job
- Attending meetings with customer/architect, including communicating schedule and requirements to ensure efficient production to customer
- Scheduling and supervising subcontractors
- Completing paperwork, including Time Cards, safety documents, extra work tickets, percentage complete for billings, accurately and timely
- Completing necessary job documentation, including Diaries and Final Inspection reports
- Ensuring efficient and effective demobilization
- Performing annual Foreman reviews, provides coaching and supports training and development of crews
- Approve and submit want lists, ensures material and equipment procedures are followed
- Other tasks as assigned by Project Manager
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- The SUPERINTENDENT position will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, clients, and vendors.
- Be a self-motivated individual and display initiative, with good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities effectively
- The SUPERINTENDENT must be reliable and able to report to work each day on time.
- Familiarity with construction documents and the ability to read and interpret complex drawings
- Excellent organizational skills are required as well as the ability to function well independently with limited supervision and work well within a team
- The SUPERINTENDENT must be computer literate, technically competent and fluent in English
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Current OSHA 30 and other safety related training certificates
- Participates in recruiting and hiring processes and is always focused on finding and attracting strong talent to the OTL team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The SUPERINTENDENT will be working on a construction site, in an outdoor environment that requires walking up and down stairs, kneeling, stooping and sitting, lifting objects weighing as much as 60 pounds.