OTL Project Named One of the Great Places in America
Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles was named in October one of the 10 Great Public Spaces for 2013 by the American Planning Association. The designation was made through the APA’s annual Great Places in America program. OTL was responsible for restoring Grand Park’s Arthur J. Will Memorial Fountain, which helped turn the beautiful park into an urban oasis.
The coveted APA designation came days before Grand Park celebrated its first anniversary.
“We are honored to be part of a project earning such a prestigious designation,” said J. Wickham Zimmerman, OTL CEO. “We knew from the beginning the park was a special venue. It’s especially gratifying to see it recognized with this esteemed, national award.”
“We congratulate Grand Park on both its anniversary and this special APA designation,” said OTL President Hugh F. Hughes. “OTL is proud to have partnered with the Raymond Group to bring such a spectacular fountain to this Los Angeles landmark.”
The APA singled out Grand Park, formerly named the Civic Center Mall, for its collaborative redesign, accessibility, features and downtown views.
The APA’s Great Places in America celebrates places “of exemplary character, quality, and planning. Places are selected annually and represent the gold standard in terms of having a true sense of place, cultural and historical interest, community involvement, and a vision for tomorrow. Categories include Great Public Spaces, Great Neighborhoods and Great Streets.
The American Planning Association is an independent, not-for-profit educational organization that provides leadership in the development of vital communities.
Find out more:
- Team Spotlight: Getting to Know OTL’s Maintenance Technician for the Southern California Region Pedro Ceballos
- OTL Leads Panel Session on Common-Area Amenities in a Post-COVID World at Crittenden Multifamily Conference in Dallas, Texas
- Team Spotlight: Getting to Know OTL’s Manager of Technical Services, Research & Development Jason Baldwin
- 3 Reasons Why Water Feature Maintenance Requires a Specialist
- Want to Know More About Water Feature Maintenance?